How to Program a Chevy Key Fob
The Chevy key fob is one of the most useful features available in most all vehicles in the new Chevy lineup, and whether you’re dealing with a Chevy Silverado key fob or a Chevy Malibu key fob, just a little training can help you unlock the full potential of this technology. One of the most commonly asked questions we get at the dealership is “How can I set up my Chevy key fob programming?” And while we’re happy to help you at our service department, you can easily complete the steps from your garage in Morgan City or Cut Off.
Chevy Key Fob Programming
If your Chevy remote start key fob isn’t reacting normally, it might be time to reset your controls. Luckily, it only takes minutes to handle the job yourself in Thibodaux:
- Unlock your driver’s side door from the exterior. Do not use the unlock button on your Chevy key fob.
- Get into the vehicle and make sure all four doors are locked.
- Hold down the unlock button on the driver’s door and press the unlock button on your fob simultaneously. Pop the key into the ignition and turn to the “On” position. Your lights and radio should turn on, but the engine should not start.
- While continuing to hold the buttons as indicated, turn your key to the “Off” position. Turn it back to the “On” position and back to the “Off” position. This will be quick (On - Off - On - Off).
- Release the buttons. Listen for the sound of the door locks engaging and disengaging. This means you have activated the Chevy key fob programming settings.
- Hold the “Lock” and “Unlock” buttons on your Chevy key fob. Listen for the sound of the door locks engaging and disengaging again. This means you have completed the programming.
- Put your key back into the ignition, turn to the “On” position, and this will end the programming settings.
- Your Chevy key fob is now properly programmed.
Still running into issues? Your Chevy key fob battery may be drained or your fob may be damaged. Feel free to stop by the service and parts department to learn more about your Chevy key fob replacement options!
Learn More with Trapp Chevrolet
Whether you’re looking for a brand new Chevy with the latest technology or you need a Chevy key fob battery for your Malibu, head to our dealership in Houma. We’re your one-stop-shop for everything automotive, so don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions!
More from Trapp Chevrolet
Thibodaux customers love the new Chevy Equinox, and so do we. Do you know what we like most about it? It’s the refined and spacious Chevy Equinox interior. We think you’ll love it, too, when you see it for yourself. And just wait until you get a glimpse of the Chevy Equinox colors. Let’s go…
The 2021 Chevy Equinox for sale in Houma offers drivers a wide array of performance perks and interior amenities inside a compact SUV. But what are the experts saying about the Equinox? Trapp Chevrolet combs through highlights of Chevy Equinox reviews below. View InventoryContact Us Chevrolet Equinox Reviews: Sporty Performance The Edmunds.com experts have good…
Our Houma customers love the 2020 Chevy Silverado 2500, mainly because they want a truck that works as hard as they do. It’s a good thing for them that the Chevy Silverado towing capacity maxes out at an amazing 18,500 pounds. But the Chevy Silverado 2500 towing capacity differs according to which options you choose….